Check-in is between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm, check-out is at 11:00 am.
This idea has been several years in the making and has finally been able to come to fruition! Taking the best parts of boat life and combining them with the space and comforts of home, this Tiki Suite has been designed to be the ultimate getaway on the water. Outside, in addition to it’s tropical-themed appearance, the structure has been thoughtfully designed to promote maximum cooling efficiency from the hot Florida sun as well as protection from those passing rain showers without the need to be all closed up. Make use of the hammock, stand-up paddleboards and snorkel gear. In addition to the various bird species that are a regular sight, you can occasionally see dolphins, manatees, stingrays, conch, starfish plus many other small fish that enjoy the shade beneath the Tiki. Sorry, no fishing from the boat. Inside you will likely first notice the gorgeous Brazilian hardwood flooring which adds a touch of class to the otherwise humble thatched-hut styling. The high vaulted ceiling makes this minimal space feel enormous while also serving as the core component to the self-ventilating design, keeping the structure cool and the air fresh. Relax on the comfortable king-size bed and enjoy the view through the three French doors that open up right onto the ocean. To keep your food and beverages cold, the suite is equipped with a roto-molded cooler that can keep ice for up to 9 days (bring ice with you!). There are no cooking appliances on board, with the exception of a K-cup coffee maker, and no other heat and or flame generating devices or equipment are permitted to be used on board. Yes this includes smoking. Bring your vape pen. The bathroom is equipped with an electric macerating toilet and a full-height in-room shower with a 2.5 gallon water heater that will heat up your water in about 5 minutes of being turned on.
Water Shuttle Transportation
This tiki is anchored out in the harbor away from land and can only be accessed by boat. We recommend the local marine services company that also provides water shuttle service in the area, Ship 2 Shore, as they are the most affordable and reliable option for transport and also offer free parking at their shuttle dock location. You have the option of either general seating shuttles for $25/person (2 person minimum charge for the boat to go out) or private shuttles for $150/hour with up to 6 passengers. Keep in mind that the general seating shuttle has baggage allowances, similar to an airline with one carry-on and one personal item, so pack light to avoid additional baggage fees.
General seating shuttle times (outbound FROM the dock)
9:00 am, 10:40 am, 3:00 pm, 5:30 pm, 8:30 pm
General seating shuttle times (inbound TO the dock)
9:20 am, 11:00 am, 3:20 pm, 5:50 pm, 8:50 pm
Private shuttle times (time begins and ends at the dock; you have to purchase the full hour even if you don't intend to use it)
7:00 am, 8:00 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 4:00 pm, 9:00 pm
All shuttle rides, private or general seating, must be scheduled by 3:00 PM the day they are needed and at least 2 hours in advance. Ride times are subject to availability. If you fail to make a reservation by 3:00 pm or miss your scheduled ride time and cannot schedule another one, you will not be able to access the tiki. Make sure you arrive to the dock early as the shuttle departs on-time and will leave you behind if you're late, and they will not refund your ticket!
Things to consider:
This is off-grid living so you must understand that while efforts have been made to preserve the modern conveniences we've become accustomed to on land, some of them must be sacrificed while still other inconveniences must be accepted.
- Air conditioning is installed but is recommended to only be used during sleeping hours or if you intend to stay inside as it requires the generator to be running in order to be used, which is loud outside. Please keep in mind that it can take an hour or more of run time to bring the temperature down inside the boat once the air conditioner has been started, depending on how hot it is outside.
- The wifi provided is through a cellular jetpack service and while it does have an unlimited data service, it is only high speed up to 22 gigabytes per month and then the speeds are severely reduced for the remainder of the month. For this reason, to make sure all guests have access to decent internet speeds, it is only intended for basic internet access, NOT streaming video or using massive amounts of data.
- Guests are not permitted to bring their own private vessels (such as jet skis and powerboats) to this boat. Kayaks and paddle boards are permitted.
- There is very limited fresh water on board, only about 30 gallons, so it must be conserved.
- Electricity for lights, water and small device charging is supplied by battery and power inverter. Much like a car, if you leave the lights on too long with the engine off, the battery will die. When this happens on the boat, you need to run the generator for at least 30 minutes to charge the battery back up. If you are running the air conditioner then the generator is also charging the batteries so you should not have a problem to begin with. The generator must also be used to make coffee or run the hot water tank for the shower. Be aware, you can only run up to 2 appliances at a time or it will overload the generator (this includes the air conditioner). Be aware, the generator is located on the front deck and although it is one of the quietest models available, you will want to run it as little as possible to avoid the noise.
- You must bring food and drinks with you, just like camping. Also be sure to bring soap and shampoo if you intend to shower on board. Towels and toilet paper are supplied.
- Be sure to read the house rules before booking.
- The tiki is only Coast Guard approved for up to 2 passengers on board.
- You will be required to complete a boat rental agreement to be able to check in. This agreement is fully digital and will be sent to the email address you provide at the time of booking.
- If the person booking the boat was born after 1987, Florida law requires them to possess a Boating Safety Card, -- or -- to be accompanied by someone who is either born before 1988 or who already has a card. Our check-in instruction page has a website link to the 25 question online test and a study guide to help you with the questions. If your situation requires you to have one of these cards then you must have it with you when you check in as the law also requires us to verify it. It is your responsibility to make sure you have this card, if required, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your reservation.
The Tiki Suites, LLC cancellation policy is strict and does not provide for a full refund except in the event of circumstances in which Tiki Suites, LLC, hereinafter referred to as “Charteree”, is unable to fulfill the delivery of the vessel. Such reasons include, but are not limited to: vessel damages, dangerous or inclement weather, governmental intervention, civil unrest or acts of God. In the event that the Charteree should need to cancel the reservation, a full refund will be issued to the customer, hereinafter referred to as “Charterer”. Should the Charterer need to cancel the reservation, they will receive a 50% refund up to 30 days prior to their check-in date. If the check-in date is less than 30 days from the date of cancellation, there is no refund. Changes to the dates of a reservation are handled as a cancellation and rebooking and processed accordingly. If you claim an "unauthorized charge" with your bank in order to bypass our cancellation policy then your reservation will be forfeited and we will continue to challenge the claim with your bank to uphold the original payment.